It's important to acknowledge your child's interests and passions and if you think that sharks and golf don't match.. well, you couldn't be more wrong! According to Tom these are the two coolest things there are and hats off to their parents who listens to their little man! They have created this cool & sophisticated big boy room for him smartly and tastefully filled with his two passions. Scroll down to tour the room & shop the look!
This beautiful toddler room interior inspiration is coming to you from Christine of Northcarolinacharm.com
. With a little help from her friend Stephanie of Oliveandtate.com
, she has transitioned her little man from a nursery to a proper little man's cave, keeping his passions in mind!
As previously this room served as Tom's nursery, it was painted with Sherwin Williams Sea Salt
and Christine decided to leave it like that, but for an element of change bring in patterns. Three dominant patterns that we can see in this interior are sharks, stripes and herringbone. Very different patterns, however due to the sophisticated color palette, working wonders together! The blue, green and grey shades create a smart base for the room allowing the darker shades in the accessories to pop out beautifully.
We especially love how the bed works together with the Neutral herringbone wallpaper
(in custom color: Sage) and the rustic looking night stands. If you swap out the shark sheets for a geometric patterned ones, this could easily be a teens or even grown up's bedroom & that is exactly what you want when designing a space for your kid. To ensure he can grow into it and transition into a young adult, by simply changing the accents of the room - it will save you both money & hassle to redecorate every time he get's a new hobby or find another passion! Design smart!
Shop the look:
1. Paint Color - Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams
2. Wallpaper - Neutral Herringbone by Livettes, in color Sage & Traditional wallpaper material
3. Nighstands - Gray Wood Mila Nightstand by World Market
4. Bed - Mathaney Platfrom Bed by Wayfair
5. Sheets - Shark Pattern Sheets by Target
6. Accent pillow - Personalised Corduroy Pillow by Pottery Barn
7. Lounge chair - Manhattan Leather Recliner by Pottery Barn
8. Dresser - Benbrook 6 Drawer Double Dresser by Wayfair
9. Mirror - Oval Evan Mirro by World Market
10. Golf blueprint - StanleyPrintHouse on Etsy